Monday, April 9, 2007

Swaps and Contests


Lately, I've become a little obsessed with swaps and contests. Right now I'm only in one swap: the Hogwarts Sock Swap. It should come as no surprise that I'm a Slytherin. Slightly evil, with a competitive streak a mile wide: that's me! I'm very excited to whip up more socks. And an excuse to buy sock yarn is just what I needed...right?

I also just won a contest! I'm excited because I've never won anything before and I need new music, so it's rather fitting that I won a mix CD from Heather of What's Cluttering My Couch.


And the Hogwarts Sock Swap Questionaire:

  1. What Hogwarts house have you been sorted into? Slytherin

'Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin, all our family have been - imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?'
  1. Shoe size? 9.5

  2. Foot Length? 10ish inches

  1. Foot Circumference? 9 inches right below the ankle

  1. List your three favorite double-point needle brands, including size and length.

a. I only own one set of DPNs, they are Clover, bamboo, size 2, 6"

b. So I'll put here that I would like to try metal DPNs, I saw some reasonably priced ones on Knitpicks, I think. I really prefer shorter lengths of DPNs, 6" is about right.

c. Dream needles would be the Lantern Moon Sox Stix.

  1. Would you like to try a new brand needle? If so, which brand? Size? Length? I'm not sure. I'd like to try knitting socks on circulars, so maybe some of those.

  1. Are you willing to have an international Hogwarts Sock Pal? Sadly no, I have one for Secret Pal and I love her to death. However, each package is $25 to ship, so I can't really afford another international Pal, though I would consider a Canadian, since postage is almost the same to there or a Pal in a country that has Global Priority shipping (my SP's doesn't, so that's why it's been so steep, though it's been worth every penny!).


2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Oh oh oh how fun! I love Harry Potter...too bad I've never knitted socks...I did cast on my frist pair this week...not sure how far that's going to go...oh well...good luck with the swap!

April 10, 2007 at 8:11 PM  
Blogger Shannon H. said...

Just a hello from your House Prefect. Just tallying our points!

April 19, 2007 at 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home