I caught a Christmas cold! Merry belated Christmas everyone! I just finished a pair of socks and got to reflecting on the past year of knitting...
10 pairs of socks knitted. Some of them were given away in swaps. I started sock knitting in February when Josh purchased me some Collinette Jitterbug in Lagoon and a sock class at Yarn Mart. It was all downhill from there. Besides the sock obsession, I finished a cat bed, several hats and scarves, and dishrags this year.
What's on the horizon? I have enough stashed for a sweater, several scarves and mittens, 7 or 8 pairs of socks, various baby blankets and the like, the Ogee Lace Wrap and Celtic Tote from Interweave Knits, Pretty as a Peacock Shawl, about 10 dishcloths, and who knows what else is hidden in my cedar chest. Unfinished objects left from 2007: an entrelac scarf, a Branching Out, and the beginnings of a Kitty Pi. I'd like to get some bigger
projects going, along with the socks. I'd like to not overbuy this year. So here's my schedule, resolutions, or master queue for 2008. Needles up!
1. Finished Branching Out, the 2nd Kitty Pi and Entrelac Scarf
2. Keep socks on the needles at all times
3. No more swapping! Knit for Christmas instead.
4. Cast on for Pretty as a Peacock, Ogee Lace Wrap and Celtic Tote and finish at least one of them by Mid February.
5. More thrummed mittens
6. More hats
7. Use stash
8. Take more classes from Yarn Mart
9. Shop locally!
10. Avoiding casting on before finishing up an UFO or whipping up something small for the gift closet.
Tomorrow, pictures of the year in review and the story of Tick's missing ear.