Monday, December 17, 2007

brr...

So today at work, we were without heat for two hours. It got down to a nice 56 in here. It made me wish I was at home in front of the fire, knitting away.

My husband is in Salt Lake City for the week. Yesterday I had the idea to finish up the shopping on Amazon. I was shocked to discover nothing will arrive in time unless I pay $180 for shipping. So I'm trying to get out and get a few presents each day at lunch. Today I was caught in bumper to bumper traffic, but made it to Sam's Club for a few things. Tomorrow will be Target and the post office, Wednesday Wal-Mart and Thursday lunch with a friend. So I suspect I will be doing some last minute shopping on Saturday when Josh gets back.

I finished my thrummed mittens. I was HATING them near the end. I suffered a knitting injury of a seperated nailbed on my left index finger. And one is definetely "better" than the other. Neither is perfect, but that is typical of my knitting. However, they are warm and very cheery, though not too functional, as they are STUFFED with BFL. I hope my swap pal likes them. I have cookies to bake for her package tonight and then off it will go to the cold North!

2 Comments:

Blogger Criquette said...

Glad you're posting again. When do we get to see a picture of the mittens?

December 18, 2007 at 11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I know this comment is a little late, but I felt I needed to share that Amazon told me the same thing. It also told my sister the same thing last year. Even though my items were in stock and all. So I was stubborn and waited a few days. Sure enough, my items arrived with plenty of time to spare, and I didn't have to pay an arm and a leg in shipping. I think they do it to buffer themselves with all of the orders that come in that time of year.

January 5, 2008 at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home