Sunday, November 11, 2007

Onward!

So Friday I went to get the results of everything and got a clean bill of health. A month of meds and hopefully my stomach will have cleared. I quit my anti-nausea medicine, it was making me sleepy. So now I'm a bit nauseous. At least I can work and knit now though. I felt like I was walking in a haze last week. I have lifestyle changes in mind. Which is funny. I am one of the fitter people I know, but I suppose there's always room for improvement.


Guess what my mother-in-law gave me? A spinning wheel. Photos to come to see if I can get it working again, or if it's just a decorative piece. It looks to be a single treadle, I just can't get the treadle to um, treadle. I think I'm missing a drive band too. However, never having seen a spinning wheel in the flesh, I'm guessing wildly here. I now own a spinning wheel though. Pretty cool, huh? It looks similar to an Australian one called a Sleeping Beauty, or an antique Regina. However, I know next to nothing about spinning wheels. This will be an education, I hope. Pictures when we get back from Hot Springs tonight. Now I just need a swift and winder. Always something...

Was anyone else disappointed with the Winter IK? I only tabbed two patterns (the Celtic tote and the traveling cable socks), which is good, my queue is huge anyways, but still, that's less than the last few IK editions by a lot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elabeth said...

Bring it down to the shop and I bet I can at least tell you what you need to get it working. I might be able to get you the parts too. I can for sure hook you up with a swift and ball winder :)

November 11, 2007 at 4:56 PM  
Blogger Criquette said...

Congratulations on the clean bill of health! That's a relief, I'm sure. I didn't buy IK this month because there was nothing that I would have wanted to knit if i was actually a good knitter ;D

November 23, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home