Saturday, October 6, 2007

Mr. Lulu


Who is cuter Mr. Lulu or Wendy's Lucy? I think Mr. Lulu, though he doesn't have his own colorway...yet. The above is when I decided the groomer should give him a cat mohawk. And that outside the window was our biggest snowfall last year. Two inches, I believe.

Mr. Lulu got his name because his first owner thought he was a girlkitten. Mr. Lulu was born in Spain. My friend Jenny found him while she was an au pair for a teacher at her college. Can you imagine a free trip to Spain as a babysitter? Me neither. Somehow, she decided to fly him back to the States, NYC more specifically. He has his own cat passport. Everything in it is written in Spanish. When she moved from Fayetteville, Arkansas to Washington D.C. I volunteered to take the Lu-ster. Nevermind that my husband has a cat allergy... I was/am selfish.

So, we call Mr. Lulu the "gay cat." His favorite designer is Issac Mizrahi. You say the name and he will meow and preen. He has been both neutered and spayed by a vet who didn't check his sex before making the spay incision. Yikes! That was prior to my adoption. When he's shaved down you can see his spay scar.

And yes, though no one asked, at some point, I will knit him a cat sweater. Probably in his favorite color. Hot pink.

He does have his faults though. He is randomly sexually aggressive toward our Pollycat. If the automatic litterbox gets stuck with the canister flap up, he will pee on the nearest squishy thing. He's prone to UTIs, and because of that, both cats are on a grain free diet (That's the alternative treatment to a Science Diet formula, but don't get me started on that. I'm a pet food snob to the extreme, though I do let them have some "junk food" every now and then like Pupperoni or Whisker Lickins.) The other alternative treatment for UTIs? A very expensive cat sex change operation. I'm not making this up. It's not funny because he gets so sick, but it's fitting he'd have something where the cure might be a sex change.

My goal this weekend is to finish two socks and cast on for their mates. I swapped some languishing Duets for a ton of DPNs on Ravelry.

I messed up majorly last month, being very irresponsible. I won't get into the details, but I'm glad to have a husband who lets me fuck up and still loves me. It's a financial boo-boo, a fixable one, but my budget now is limited to swaps, gas, and groceries. I'm going to be ebaying some things to try and pay back into our account what I messed up. The sooner I get it paid back, the better off I'll feel. Time to grow up. But I can still knit hot pink cat sweaters.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This post made me very happy on very many levels.
1. I'm not the only one with financial fuck ups!
2. Your cat has had both sex removals and oddly could get a sex change.
3. He has a mo-hawk
4. I'm still laughing...
Thanks Camille, I needed this today!

October 9, 2007 at 4:38 PM  
Blogger Criquette said...

I about peed on myself reading about Mr. Lulu. Criquette and Bitsy were momentarily sad that he is gay, but quickly decided that will make him a better boyfriend. If I can find it, I will post something very special for Mr. Lulu this weekend.

October 11, 2007 at 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home