Friday, September 28, 2007

Con-testy

Lately I've been lucky with the blog contests. I won some beautiful yarn from Knit Playground, and a fabulous gift certificate from SockPr0n (I already have the pendant I want picked out..unless I change my mind that is).

I've been knitting on the same things. I have castonitis. I desperately want to be DONE with these socks. I'm knitting the secret Hogwarts socks, and Hederas for me. I just washed the Hogwarts socks I accidentally made myself. The yarn is very washable, which was my pal's only specific requirement. So that makes me feel good. This is my first time knitting with a wool/nylon blend and I'm liking it. I don't like the splittiness of the yarn though..

Fortunately, my Hederas are being knit in Zen Strings Serendipity. The most unsplitty, tightly wound yarn I've enjoyed so far. It's just gorgeous. So they are a good contrast for each other.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grats on winning the contest! I love Ajia's blog. I just got the yarn for my year 2 Hogwart's socks myself, so I'll be starting those in oh... three minutes. The handspun you sent me is on a pedestal in my room and it makes me happy every evening. You're a love. *hug*

September 28, 2007 at 11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home