Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Hideousness!

I shipped off my Ravelry swap today. I had everything except the yarn ready. My etsy seller ran into some shipping delays. I'm not a patient person. The 80 y of handspun she included she sent as a bonus totally made up for it. Now I have to decide what to make with it. Any ideas?

I've been spinning this hideous brown lint colored wool. Yesterday I had a nirvana moment. It's all in the pre-drafting. I went from lumpy slubbed coils to smooth perfection when that hit me. I'm thinking I am going to ply it with a bright turquoise embroidery floss.

I finished the neverending socks. They are truly hideous and I love them like only a sock momma can. I do like the Lorna's Laces much better than the Jitterbug. I will buy Lorna's Laces in groups of three from now on. One skein got me through one and a half socks. So three skeins could be two pairs of socks, or I could have easily made almost-knee socks from one skein. I'm eager to learn to knit toe up to see exactly how much length is in one skein.

Two days until bar exam results. I am a wreck.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will pass and it will be AWESOME. We will lift a virtual glass in your honor on Friday - I'll be in Sonoma wine-tasting, so it's not far out of my way. :)

August 29, 2007 at 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. - SQUEEEE!!!! I ripped open the package you sent me tonight and it's also AWESOME. You're the best swap pal evar, I swear to whatever's holy this week. Huge virtual hugs and kisses! Love, T

August 29, 2007 at 8:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sending good bar vibes your way!!!

August 30, 2007 at 12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ravelry package will be on its way tomorrow.
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you hear good news soon!

August 30, 2007 at 12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home