Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Dog Days..

I've had baby fever. Today it hit me though. I need action. And no, I don't mean lots of unprotected sex with the husband. Yes, he was disappointed too. Since we're adopting, action means paying off bills. So I am going to become a ebaying fool. I've also come up with some fun steps to save cash:

1. The library! I went today and got seven books, five of them knitting related. Reviews to come. What I'm REALLY excited about is the book "The Dog Whisperer" which is not by Cesar Milan, but some other guy. His approach is totally different than Cesar's which is good. I do not like Cesar's methods. Flooding a rescue dog is a dangerous thing. Rescue dogs have a lot of baggage that needs unpacking. That's best done slowly, carefully, and with thought. This book is really making me think about the way I've done things.

2. Grocery shopping! I spent $20 today (with double coupons, how mom-ish of me) to get frozen meals, oatmeal bars (review: yuck.), yogurt, and flavored water packages. I'll avoid eating out at lunch, and have fun books to read. Josh and I have picked out new recipes to try as well.

3. Garage sale! The Lab Rescue will be broke after two neuters, heartworm and flea meds. Yes, I owe $900 to us for Tick. However, in the meantime, we need cash. So, gigantic garage sale. Keep in mind it's been over 100 degrees for the last 10 days. So, the going has been slow. Hopefully the weekend after next I will have things together. Pictures to come. I've had 7 families donate items, so it's a bit insane now.

The long weekend was great. I needed it. I just finished two socks and cast on for mates. Tomorrow though, I'll be back at the scarves, I need a sock break!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, it's a good thing you know lots of knitters who won't let your eventually-coming little one go clothes-free (unless it wants to!)! Good luck on the garage sale. And the heat! Ew.

August 15, 2007 at 11:32 PM  
Blogger alt.ayu said...

The Dog Whisperer book sounds really interesting~! Let me know the author if u can~ i'd love to borrow it for myself. :)

August 16, 2007 at 6:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great ideas!!! :)

Your SP11 spoiler

August 16, 2007 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home