Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I found the camera..

I found the camera in the medicine basket by the sink. Makes total sense, right? I finally went for the ibuprofen yesterday when my head was too full of Criminal law and there it was. So here, in order of receipt are my final SP10 package and my Hogwart's Sock Swap package.


Oooh, spindle! You can also see the needle case, craft organizer, and the (now digested) fortune cookies. The sock yarn and neat holder was missing from the pictures for some odd reason.



Yes, those are my swap socks and no you can't have them! I hear it was quite an ordeal knitting and ripping, knitting and ripping, knitting and ripping, knitting and ripping, and knitting and ripping and then finally knitting these suckers. I'm wearing them under jeans today. It seemed sensible. I'm constantly freezing. Aren't they gorgeous though? It inspired me to assign the solid red Lorna's Laces I got off of sockpr0n's ravelry stash to a Cookie A pattern. I'm thinking Twisted Flower or Gothic Spire.

Remember my yellow and pink obsession? Yes, my Hogwart's Swap pal dyed this up for me. The colorway name? ..............................afterthebarexam. It's too too perfect. I think my camera's a bit off though. Typical...
Sox stix. Look at those pearly stitch markers! And that homemade sock bag. Believe me, when Tika opens her store, I will let you know.


Ribbon and the extra yarn (my usually oblivious DH suggested making a i-cord for the socks and putting a pretty button on one end and a loop on the other to help hold up the socks when I wear these with boots to work in the winter. Brilliant, because the ribbons would not fly at my office. The lavender balm is a godsend. I love lavender, and somehow am attracting mosquitos INTO the house. Lavender dries things up before I have a chance to scratch myself into a scabby state. Pleasant, no?

Ok, back to Commercial Transactions... Thanks to such great pals! I'm overwhelmed and inspired to do great things by the likes of you!

3 Comments:

Blogger bonitapita said...

Those are amazing socks!

July 17, 2007 at 10:10 AM  
Blogger stickyfingers said...

What great a swap package. I love when DBF tries to help with my knitting/spinning it's a constant source of chuckles.

July 17, 2007 at 12:29 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Those socks are unbelievable. WOW.
That sock bag is pretty awesome too! Great package.

July 20, 2007 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home