Saturday, June 23, 2007

Gurgle, gurgle

Have you ever drank a lot of water (or Capri-Sun in this case) just so you could move your stomach around and listen to that gurgling sound? No? Really? Oh. ...me either, I swear. Gurgle, gurgle. No, that wasn't me. I swear I'm not that easily amused. I'm a very serious lawyer knitter.

I cast on for a dishcloth this weekend for a quick project. I cast off on Hogwarts Sock number one. I must say my kitchener is vastly improved. I realized right before falling asleep that my first kitchener attempts were back when I was knitting through the back loop as my version of the knit stitch. So when I did kitchener, back in the day, I was purling every stitch. That completely explains why it looks like a line of purl stitching on the knit side. I had always wondered how I flubbed it so bad.

My birthday was, well, uneventful. I'm getting past the fun birthdays part, I guess. I spent the day drugged up and sleeping most of the day. We went out to dinner and Josh had to go back to work. I don't think he came in until after 1 am. I got three cards and half of my family called. My brother stopped by for two hours, but didn't mention my birthday. It's pretty typical, and I'm not mad. Birthdays aren't a big deal in my family. I definitely could have used a big deal type of day yesterday, but I wasn't expecting one. Sometimes you have to make your own kind of big deal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hee Hee. I can just imagine you wiggling around to hear the sloshing. Hilarious!

June 23, 2007 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home