Sunday, June 17, 2007

Baby Knitting..

It looks like I may have a bit more baby knitting to do. Monday night Josh dropped a bombshell. He thinks he'll be emotionally ready to start the adoption process around this time next year. If all goes well, we should be financially ready as well. I tried to pick my jaw up off the floor, because the last time we discussed this, he was having trouble even contemplating applying for a China adoption at 30 (which means we might get our Ellie at 32 or 33 if the wait is anything like it is currently). And now he's thinking about having a baby at 28 and 29 (actually probably closer to 29 and 30 if I factor in the wait depending on which country we decide on)? It was a bit of a shock. That means, we could have a little Edmison-Wilhelmi around here in two years. It's a bit of a mindshock from the five years I had settled into.

So, I'm delighted, and I'm trying to get my mind around it all. We have a lot of time right now, and I can't let this distract me. I have a bar exam to study for. That doesn't stop me from bookmarking some fantastic baby knitting. I figure I can make most things in a slightly large 6-12 month size and pick things that can be rolled up or modified depending on where we go and which little angel we end up with.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats!!! This is wonderful news!

But don't lose too much focus. First things first!

June 17, 2007 at 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home