Thursday, May 24, 2007

Christopher Walken on Constitutional Law

Imagine Christopher Walken giving a 4.5 hour lecture on Constitutional Law. Imagine him doing it again for another 4.5 hours tomorrow. Imagine me having to sit through it, paying attention like my professional life depends upon his knowledge, because it does, my bony butt aching from the hard plastic chair.

You have just envisioned both my personal hell and my current fate.

I also got $2,000 worth of books today. It's about 2 feet high and 50 lbs of books. In case you wondered what that big of a pile of books looked like. Personally, I'd rather see a pile of yarn worth $2,000. I guess that would only be 100 skeins of Socks that Rock, or 1,000 skeins of fun fur, or somewhere around 350 skeins of Manos Del Uruguay cotton stria (the yarn I both love and loathe). But no, instead of squishy yarn, I have books.

In other news, I worry that I may be ripping out another sock soon. It looks like the mock cable socks are too narrow. I'm near the middle of the foot. I could put some increases in, but I just don't know.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Just remember that the $2,000 of books are going to afford you a whole lot more yarn. Eye on the prize!

May 24, 2007 at 11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, bummer about the books not yarn. you cant roll around in a stash of books. well, you can but its all hard and pokey.

;)

--your LJ secret pal!

May 25, 2007 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger omly said...

Are they at least books that you will probably want to reference a lot later in your career?

Also don't forget to post your Friday Show and Tell. I would hate for those Griffyndors to pass us!

May 25, 2007 at 6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home