Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The (temporary) end of knitting

Knitting news:

I'm not knitting until I'm done with the bar exam. Perhaps a row or two during the evening news on my trusty socks, but no focused knitting. I spent last weekend knitting. I churned out the mate to my Hogwart's Sock and then realized I don't have my swap pal's address. So, hopefully she will email me back soon. Her blog looks two months abandoned. I hope I'm able to track her down, as these socks need their home!


I cast on for Branching Out last weekend as well. It looks a bit off and I can't figure out how. Pictures to come (maybe you can detect where I went wrong) perhaps soon, or not depending on how busy I get before Saturday.

Bar exam news:

So, starting Saturday begins 12+ hours a day of studying. I'm nervous, I'm scared, but I'm ready. I will be a lawyer when this is all over with. That's worth looking forward to, to say the least! I am expecting a major case of cabin fever being locked in the same room for that long every day, but I have some lovely breaks planned. One day, a trip to study at the dog park, and one day Josh and I will take a break to go see "Sicko".

Tomorrow we are going to Hot Springs to spend time with family.

Summertime news:

You know it's summer when I get made fun of for my skin tone. There are raw chickens with more color than me. I can't help it, I'm allergic to the sun. Yet every year I get made fun of. It doesn't make me feel great about myself.

Josh and I are doing Atkins (I know, I know.) starting next week. Results to come. I hate it, but it works. Then again, doesn't most anything work when you stick with it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on the diet! I know how hard all that is.

And tell me what you think about Sicko. I saw it last Friday and thought it was pretty interesting.

July 3, 2007 at 10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you're enjoying Hot Springs. Good luck studying, and passing the bar!

Your Sock Pal

July 5, 2007 at 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home