Thursday, July 26, 2007

At first I was afraid, I was petrified...

I survived, barely. Here's the highlights:

1. I vacuumed two keys off my keyboard before the test while trying to clean it. Keep to the compressed air, friends. Josh let me borrow his wireless keyboard. The laptop is still functional, and I'll have my dad sort through his pile of broken laptops for keys that aren't broken.

2. The night I checked into the hotel, Josh came down with acute sudden-onset walking pneumonia. He passed out cold in the doorway of the bedroom. He came to and went to the doctor Tuesday morning. Sometime that night, Tick soiled his crate. Due to his unknown and abusive past, this panicked him. He demolished the plastic tray of his crate and then mangled the side of the crate to get out. All that panicked him more, liquifying his stomach contents. I am told the room was a river of....well you get the point. I called a friend from work to come help Josh. He was pretty incoherent at the moment and I wanted to make sure everything was okay. How do you pay someone back for cleaning up *that*?

3. The test itself was pretty bad. The topics that our instructors told us would not be tested, were of course, tested almost exclusively. I am taking heart in the fact everyone took the same preparatory class, so they probably are as panicked as I was when I realized I had focused on the wrong subtopics when studying. It's okay though.

4. I am going to enjoy this month. August is Scarf Month here. I have an enterlac class at Yarn Mart I'm taking. I am almost halfway through Branching Out. I have almost all the yarn rounded up for my Clementine Shawlette. I have some skeins together for a Chevron Scarf too. We'll see how many get done.

Thank you all for the well wishes. I was well lavendered at all points of the test, thanks to many fantastic knitters. I am so grateful for all of you.

Now the waiting begins. August 31st I find out if I do this all over again, or celebrate.

3 Comments:

Blogger Megan said...

Wow, that's just crazy! I'm glad you survived, and I hope you passed the test!

July 27, 2007 at 6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should celebrate regardless. You've done the nigh-impossible, and that makes you mighty.

July 27, 2007 at 11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Celebrate indeed. You survived, and the results may be great anyway!

- Your Sock It to Me pal

August 6, 2007 at 5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home