Sunday, August 12, 2007

Assimilating.

So I'm here in Elkins, which is near Fayetteville. The drive up in a sedan with two dogs and a 42" collapsed wire crate was interesting, but we made it.

Yesterday was my sister's birthday. She expressed interest in learning to knit, so we went to Handheld in Fayetteville. They carry quite a few brands that Little Rock doesn't. Namely, Rowan, Koigu, and Blue Sky. I picked up two skeins of Blue Sky cotton to start my sweater, and Alpaca Silk to finish my shawlette. Lindsey grabbed Stitch N' Bitch, a set of Addi Turbos, and two skeins of Koigu. Her first project is the baby blanket from Stitch N' Bitch. She's cast on several times and has knit and purl down.

I finished the neverending sock and cast on for its mate. Today I will finish one of my socks for the Sock it to Me Sock Swap and cast on again. Then hopefully tomorrow I'll run out of Noro on my entrelac scarf and it will have been a very productive knitting vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home