Monday, August 6, 2007

SP 11 Questions

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love superwash wool, organic cotton, dishcloth cotton, and even acrylic blends. I'm not a fun fur fan. Simple is better when it comes to fiber content, I think. I really am liking the Alpaca Silk I have on the needles right now, and Noro is always a hit.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a needle folio that I'm going to put my needles in. I'd like a needle roll though.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've only been knitting since Christmas. I consider myself an advanced beginner. I still have some skills to learn, like cabling and finishing. I hope to start on my first sweater soon.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes

5. What's your favorite scent?
Lavender, vanilla, geranium, rose

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Oh yes, Swedish Fish. Yum.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
Scrapbooking! I just got a spindle but haven't figured it out yet. I also love cooking and houseplants.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I like most anything. Lately I've been into Belle and Sebastian, Ben Folds Five, anything acoustic with a folk bend to it.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
It changes. Right now it's green.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married with two cats and two big dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, yes, yes, and nooooooo

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks! No more sock yarn though, please. I'm trying to sweater yarn stash now.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Two scarves and two pairs of socks.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, who doesn't? I treasure my washcloth and socks from my LJSP and Hogwart's Swap.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Anything but plastic. I'd really like some 24" size 2s for socks.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Tragically, no. I wind yarn in a ball the old fashioned way.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 months socks...they never end!

18. What is your favorite holiday?
My birthday! June 22nd, so you're safe!

19. Is there anything that you collect?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I have no subscriptions. I love Interweave Knits, though I usually buy it as soon as it's out. If you check my Ravelry queue, I have 30 patterns. I don't have the yarn for any of them except the socks. I'll make a wishlist based on my queue soon so I know what to buy (and maybe you will too!). I like to receive things I'll use. So dishcloth cotton is always safe.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Cabling and colorwork

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, size 9 shoe, regular width

23. When is your birthday?
June 22nd

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes, earnknittoownit

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from your Secret Pal 11 spoiler! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!

August 13, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home