Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Package!



So yesterday I came home sick at 3. The only thing worse than being sick is toughing it out until 3. Seriously, what's the point of going home at that point? I made a trip by the doctor for allergy medicine, painkillers, and then home. My husband had been home earlier for a meeting with the insurance adjuster, so I assumed my Secret Pal 11 package was not here. But it was! It was just small enough to fit in the mailbox, so my husband hadn't spotted it.

Inside was a gorgeous skein of alpaca from New Hampshire, a rubber band ball, a cool book on knitting lingo, Tootsie Roll pops in a neat lunchbox tin, Swedish Fish (now swimming somewhere in my stomach), and Petfinder.com bookmarks!

Thank you so much, whoever you are! I am thinking about making some driving mitts out of the alpaca. I've promised my husband mitts so he can type and have warm hands at the same time in his frigid office. I think though, that these mitts will be mine. I have to test the pattern first of course, right? Yep.



That's the Hogwart's sock that was not to be. That one is finished. i'm about halfway through it's mate. I should be done with them by the time the replacement yarn arrives and the knitting frenzy begins!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What beautiful Ravenclaw colors! *blink blink* :P

September 18, 2007 at 9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you like your first "installment"... you will have 2 more to come! Can't wait to see what you do with that alpaca... its a pleasure to knit with!

Secret Pal 11

September 19, 2007 at 5:55 AM  
Blogger Pam the Yarn Goddess said...

Hi Camille,

I've sent the Lorna's list to a lady I promised first dibs, but as soon as I hear back from her, I'll send it to you if you'd like. I need your e-mail addy, though.

Thanks!

September 19, 2007 at 6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home