Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sometimes I am not so smart...subtitled: I guess I wanted to be a Ravenclaw

Lately my husband and I have been discussing what trouble people get in when they make assumptions. So I was happily knitting along on my socks for the Hogwart's Sock Swap 2, down past the gussets. Only then did I look at the size foot I was knitting for. So I have instituted Rule 2 now: Try and remember not everyone is your size, some are smaller, some are bigger.

So, to summarize so far, we have:
1. Don't join a sock club unless you have preloved their yarn (by ACTUALLY knitting it, not just stashing it).
2. Look at the request made for your swap or gift project and knit accordingly.

So, I was faced with the decision: frog or buy more yarn. I chose to buy more yarn. Honestly, I don't know how to make a pattern larger or smaller. So I'm going to rebuy yarn and go with my personal favorite pattern of the moment, it's very stretchy, with one extra repeat so I can have a bigger heel cup/sole and voila.

Fortunately, I really like the sock I finished. Maybe I did this on purpose? Unfortunately it means that the Hogwart's Socks will be my monogamous project as soon as the yarn gets in (hopefully before next weekend).

3 Comments:

Blogger omly said...

You should still have enough time though. I need to get back to my pair. I have reknit the heels 4 times and it is in time out at the moment.

September 16, 2007 at 9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't even started, so don't feel bad. I think I'm going to buy yarn this week... I think.

September 16, 2007 at 11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you get your package yesterday? :)

Secret Pal 11 spoiler

September 18, 2007 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home