Friday, September 14, 2007

Hmm...Grover Pacman?*

The new Knitty is up. You already knew? Oh...well....sorry...geez...

Just kidding! I will be knitting quite a few things from there. It's frustrating. My queue keeps growing. However, this issue of Knitty will solve a few "what am I going to make with this" questions I had about some of my stashed. I got some gorgeous handspun, which will be a Urchin hat. Should I acquire a lone skein of Malbrigo on my next trip to Fayetteville, or well, just because, viola Foliage. Foliage had me contemplate frogging Besotted to make my husband and I matching hats. I'm still debating it. Nevermind, he gives it the "too girly" veto. I think it looks elfin.

I had a bit of a sock club epiphany. I will not join a sock club or yarn club unless I have first tried and fallen in love with the yarn. For instance, I love Woolgirl, hence the joining of the club. I cannot understand WHY I am disgruntled that the Yarn Pirate sock club openings are this weekend when I don't have cash to join. I haven't even touched the stuff. Yet I want to join. I am a joiner. But I must introduce this rule to myself: no joining unless I have preloved. I prelove Woolgirl. So many indie dyers, different enough from The Loopy Ewe to justify a purchase. I also love TLE, so if I were to encounter a club sign up there, I'm allowed...

I'm package stalking. Apparently a package is on it's way to me. Actually, three are: SP11 (or is it 12 now? I lose track), yarn from Destash, and Woolgirl sock club.

*Do you know that reference? First to get it right gets an RAOK, and it's yarny. Though it's a toughy.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Secret Pal 11... and yes, yes... your FIRST package is on the way! :) I can't wait to hear what you think so I can work on package #2 and 3... I'm working on you not wanting any more - GASP! - sock yarn! lol

September 15, 2007 at 7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But not your Sock it to Me package. That will be a down to the wire, deadline package. Sorry!

Your Pal

September 15, 2007 at 7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no idea about the reference, but if you Google "grover pacman" your blog is at the top of the list. How obscure can you get?!? :P

September 15, 2007 at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home