Sunday, September 9, 2007

Destashing my life...

No, no yarn for sale. I'm going to pack up some yarn that I have no idea what to do with and send it to Winter's Mill High School's knitting club. Here's the damage, while most of it is odds and ends from projects, there's about 10 whole skeins of yarnage. Lots of variety, from alpaca and acrylic to indie dyed sock yarn:



I destashed my closet last week. That was an ugly sight. It's amazing how many things I have that I don't use. I am going to take the clothing to consignment and Goodwill. Though I end up buying things at places like that. Though I can't complain about spending $5.75 on last week's haul: gorgeous Gap trouser jeans in a dark wash and bugle bead edged black Mossimo flip flops.

My mantra lately is "simplify, simplify, simplify". I read in a book on women and money (of the same title Women & Money by Suze Orman, see below with Besotted..) that being surrounded by things that are worthless to us makes us feel worthless. I can understand that.

Here is the long awaited contents of my Ravelry Summer Camp swap package. Minus the food. I don't know what happened to that.


And here's the other skein of Malabrigo, cast on for the Besotted Scarf. The picture is not true to color.



Oooh, a peeking out Hogwart's Sock Swap Sock!


In this corner, finished objects:

Pawprint washcloth:



Sock It To Me Sock Swap Hederas:


Love me some Madelinetosh sock yarn. Yummy stuff. I hope my pal enjoys these socks. I think they're gorgeous.

I've been attacked by a vicious yarn cat. Is there any remedy?

6 Comments:

Blogger alt.ayu said...

I like the pawprint dishcloth!!! how apt! :)

September 10, 2007 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can relate to being surrounded by worthlessness and feeling worthless, espeically lately. I feel as if I live in a worthless place and I therefore feel the most worthless I have ever felt. I need added value to my life.

September 10, 2007 at 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for supporting our cause!

September 10, 2007 at 3:36 PM  
Blogger Criquette said...

Hi Camille! Will you please email me with your email address? Blogger won't show me email addresses from secret pals who leave me comments ;D

And you're right - you can never have too many pawprint dishcloths, especially if they are as cute as the one you just made!

September 11, 2007 at 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty socks. Great way to de-stash.

I have finally settled on yarn and a pattern for your socks. Now, gauge and needle size...

Sock it to Me pal

September 13, 2007 at 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your first Secret Pal 11 swap package is on the way to you!!!

Your Secret Pal

September 14, 2007 at 6:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home