Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed...

...one stayed home sick, but look what came in the mail. Monkeys!
That's the box. Isn't that a boring picture?
That's the inside of the box. That project bag is absolutely fabulous. I was just thinking the other day that I either need less projects, or more bags. I vote more bags.

The loot! Swedish Fish. Evidence that I still feel awful: they're still here and not eaten yet. Two skeins of Regia's newest line by Kaffe Fassett, lavender shea butter, and a cute notepad. Oh, and the Monkeys:

They fit perfectly but don't photograph well. Ignore the half chewed dog bone in the picture. Photo composition may be lacking, but these socks are gorgeous. They are a true red and purple. Somehow together that photographs blue and pink with a dog bone. Strange...

I am so happy, thank you Channon!

In other not thinking about throwing up news, we have Mr. Lulu, who got a haircut a few weeks ago. He's thrilled. Seriously, before you get upset at someone who has their cat groomed, he's miserable in full coat. He carries around 4 lbs of hair, which produce painful hairballs, and those hairballs cause him to get seriously aggressive. This is about the best method we've found, in combination with a prescription hairball remedy.

No, I don't know why they left his full tail. Typically they just leave the tip of it fluffy. He looks like a squirrel now. Look at that man-cat fat!

In Socktober news, I will be knitting exclusively from gifted sock yarns. Yep, with the Kaffe Fasset acquisition today, that's four projects in one month in addition to the two sock projects already on the needles. I just cast on with the Kaffe, and I'm ready to go! I'm knitting in the reverse order in which they were gifted, so we have: Regia, handyed yarn, Panda Wool, and Tofutsies.

Tomorrow is payday. I am going slumming, in search of cheap yarn in which to make a shrug from. I'll report back from Hobby Lobby tomorrow. Unless I'm eaten by a fake fur monster. Or unless I keep throwing things up. (Things? Makes you wonder doesn't it. Could be anything..like golf balls, or paperclips, or whole works of fiction that I've eaten. Sure feels like it!)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...works of fiction I've eaten..."

Brings a whole new meaning to "digesting a text," doesn't it? Hot damn I'm funny.

October 2, 2007 at 11:15 PM  
Blogger Lapdog Creations said...

What a great swap package!!!!
Love the "squirrel" look :)

October 3, 2007 at 6:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Funny stuff...

I know hot your cat feels, as I keep threatening to do the same to Eraser (half Main Coon).

You will love the KF yarn. I just finished a pair with Fog and there are pictures on my blog. They are super soft and I can't wait to wear them.

Can't wait to see what you make with yours....

October 3, 2007 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger SissySees said...

They arrived and they fit! Hooray!

I hope you enjoy them. I stressed terribly over them, as I'd not knitted anything bigger than a size 7.5.

October 3, 2007 at 9:07 AM  
Blogger Ana said...

Hey Camille,
Channon was my spoilee for the swap.. Isn't it funny how the three of us are connected! Channon did a wonderful job on your socks! I got to watch the progress of them on her blog!

October 3, 2007 at 10:04 AM  
Blogger Knitted Bookworm said...

I had to have my cat shaved once because of a severe case of matted fur. They left her bushy tail, too, but the funny thing was her skin. Her fur was white with big gray spots. Guess what? Her skin was the same! She looked more like a cow with a busy tail, than a cat! We learn something new every day!

October 3, 2007 at 8:06 PM  
Blogger alt.ayu said...

Such a great package!! :)

It's getting hot here these days for some reason too. Mollie my border collie likes to sit in front of the fan now. (like right in front)

Btw you've been tagged :) see here:
http://peesnkays.blogspot.com/2007/10/tagged.html

October 4, 2007 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger Criquette said...

The picture of Mr. Lulu aka "Squirrel Boy" had me laughing so hard I about peed my pants! But I have to know...how did he get his name?

October 6, 2007 at 7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home