Monday, November 5, 2007

Checking in..

Today was superfun! No, not really, here's why.

1. During his chauffering around town, my husband drove right by the LYS and didn't even slow down. I totally deserved a present. However, he made up for it by buying the cat food this week, and dealing with me referring to him as my "driver" while at the endoscopy clinic. Ha!

2. The ultrasound lady wasn't gentle. I know she couldn't be to see all the organy goodness inside, but I wasn't expecting it.

3. My liver is nonhomogenous. No, I have no idea what that really means, and neither does my doctor, so I have a CAT scan in the upcoming weeks.

4. I have spots in my stomach. Maybe ulcers? Maybe not, we'll find that out this week.

5. That medicine you ladies recommended I take was the absolute best. Two seconds after the doctor said "You're going to feel a little sleepy" I was out cold. It almost makes me look forward to getting my wisdom teeth out.

So that's what I learned today: I have a wonky liver and stomach, more tests, and new medicine with a double dose of the old one.

I'm still without appetite, but I'm about to make myself eat some spaghetti. Have you ever noticed how fall-ish foods are disgusting looking? Not spaghetti, but beef stew, chilimac, potato soup. They all look really gross, yet in fall, I crave them.

4 Comments:

Blogger KrisW said...

Hi Camille! Sorry to hear about your visit, I'm praying for you and keep us posted! :) WAY back in August, you wrote a comment on my blog for the Pay It Forward swap...I'm knitting something for you now...and need your mailing address....thanks!
Email me at bwisefamily@comcast.net.
KnitOn-
Kris
knottyknitterkris@blogspot.com

November 7, 2007 at 5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww! Maybe he'll surprise you with a present...you do deserve it!

November 7, 2007 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger Criquette said...

I'm glad you survived your ordeal and hope everything turns out ok. And you totally deserved a little sidetrip to the yarn store! Since you didn't get one, you'll need to go back by yourself and take care of it!

November 7, 2007 at 8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, dear. Here's a big *hug* from California for you, and a little prayer to the PTB's that it's nothing serious.

November 10, 2007 at 1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home