Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Still here!

I have finished two socks, and received one swap and one Secret Pal package and scheduled another swap (sent my end). I've cast on for the mates for the two socks, and the mate for my Hogwart's Pal. I've taken pictures of all of these things, but am procrastinating the upload so I can post some insights first.

1. Sport weight yarn is lovely for socks. This ends the very shortlived and nonexistant really, sock yarn fast. It knits up ridiculously quick. If I ever have a sock swap disaster, remind me to buy some sport weight. That will solve your problems in a weekend. I received sportweight from the indie dyer Miss Babs in my first Woolgirl package. I swapped for a variety of Bryspun DPNs with a lovely Ravelryer (sending her some Duets) and cast on. This yarn was jaw dropping amazing.

2. Regia. Where have you been all my life? I finished the first sock of the Kaffe Fassett yarn from my Sock it To Me Pal's package. I made it extra tight. The entire time I was knitting my husband kept commenting at how my knitting skills have improved drastically. I took that as a sign and swapped for some Regia in black to knit him some Christmas socks. I love the wooliness of it, and the fact that it's washer and dryer proof.

3. I'm being spyed on. I don't know by who, but whoever my Secret Pal is, she can read minds. I was knitting the Regia socks, thinking since it was plain stockinette I'd do a different heel and toe to learn a new technique. I did a band heel, which works nicely for my narrowish feet (they're really average width, I just like a tight sock). Then I couldn't find a toe pattern I could understand, so I just did my usual. Yesterday I arrived home to a package with Nancy Bush's Folk Socks in it. I instantly remembered that I had looked at this every time I was in Barnes and Noble because it had all the different toe methods clearly laid out. That was only the beginning of the package, but that's another post, post-upload procrastination. She also sent yarn that will become my personal Branching Out. I am still pondering the ball of alpaca from the last package. I wound it into a ball and I'm now plotting what it should be.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad I could be of help with your toe delima! YEAH! :) You are so much fun to spoil!
Should your alpaca package require more than that one skein, let me know... I think there's more available if need be. ;-)

Your Secret 11 Pal

October 16, 2007 at 5:49 PM  
Blogger SissySees said...

And I'm glad you're enjoying your gifted Regia. I have several different lines of theirs... Must try one soon...

October 19, 2007 at 12:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home