Saturday, November 17, 2007

No pictures!

I have no pictures to offer, but there should be some soon. I'm knitting my Dye Trying yarn up and it's self-striping! Gorgeous yellow and pink. I'm reminded of Easter, which is a great thing.

Lately I've developed a relationship with God. I definitely didn't have one before, but now I'm having tea and reading my Bible each day, going to Epoch, and really developing a love for Christ. When I'm not sick that is. I don't think I've been to church the last month, but I still feel like I'm learning a lot about truthiness. I used to think church was full of hypocrites. I hate intolerance, bigotry and it seems like sometimes Christianity separates people out to poke at them. I don't think that's my place. However, it's no reason to avoid being a Christian, it's just a reason to avoid some members of the fan club and stay true.

I have bad news on the spinning wheel front. I think the wheel has seperated from the hub/axle. So I have to find a repair-er. I looked in the phone book under 'spinning' 'wheelwright' and 'wheels'. Let me tell you how that went... A big fat zero. I'll be calling yarn stores to see if they know anyone when it's business hours. I suspect I may be shipping this wheel, so if you know anyone, even across the country, please let me know. Since the wheel was free, I can't complain about the repair too much. It is a gorgeous wheel, most similar to a Country Craftsman, though that's not quite it. (That website link has a great selection of tools, especially swifts and yarn winders, great prices too...and a neat link to their family farm)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings Pal!
I just wanted to let you know I'm running a tad late with your final SP 11 package, but will be sending it VERY soon!

Secret Pal

November 20, 2007 at 10:53 AM  
Blogger Criquette said...

Your church looks cool. Someone left me a great comment that God is a Knitter, because in Isaiah, it says that God knit us together. So the way I look at it, God wants us to knit, therefore, God wants us to have a large stash!

I'll be interested in following your spinning wheel saga...

November 23, 2007 at 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's self-striping? HAH! I'm a genius and I didn't even know. Should I have admitted that??

November 25, 2007 at 2:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pal!

Your final Secret Pal 11 package is on its way to you... sent via Priority Mial this morning! :)

SP

November 26, 2007 at 11:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home