Friday, December 21, 2007

As charming as a cactus, you're as cuddly as an eel....

Describes me perfectly, no? Here's the latest news.

1. I bought some needles. I have yarn to make a large array of projects, but no needles. I now have needles of various sizes and brands. I cast on for the Celtic Tote from the Winter issue of IK. So far, so good. It's my first cabling attempt. This piece shall definetely be the back of the bag, something wonky happened in the first cable row. I also have the necessary needles to cast on for the Ogee Lace Skirt from the Fall issue of IK, but I don't have the needles for my shawl yet (see #3).

2. I finished one nuppy sock and cast on for the second. It's the oddest colorway (see picture in post previous to this one) but it's enjoyable. I wouldn't pick orange myself, that's what sock clubs are for! The purple and green in the colorway make it interesting and somehow work with the orange. I hope to finish up by Christmas and cast on my DK weight socks and finish those before coming back to work on Thursday.

3. I bought the Pretty as a Peacock shawl pattern. Yes, ambitious, much? I also just paid for some Zephyr from a nice person on Ravelry in Williamsburg Blue. I'm debating whether I will dip dye the bottom half a forest green, but I'll probably leave it as is.

4. I did not holiday knit. There shall be after holiday knitting though. I forgot about my Pay it Forward Swap, need to start on my Loopy Ewe swap, and I have a friend to knit a small project for. Add to that the two pairs of socks I have in my head, the tote, and a few other things and I predict a busy 2008.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holiday knitting is so over-rated, don't you agree??

December 22, 2007 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home